Saturday, January 22, 2005

Hazy Beach Day

I wanted to test out my new digital camera but it was very hazy at Tammarack beach yesterday afternoon. I purchased a JVC Everio and this is the first time since the holidays that I've had a chance to play with it. We've been getting some excellent waves lately and the water was packed with sufers. Most of the shots I took were kind of washed out looking but I did like the way the reflection of this bird came out. I think it is a Willet, but I couldn't say for sure. So if you are an Audubon Society expert, feel free to correctly identify this little fellow.


2 Comments:

Blogger Innkeeper said...

With those gray legs and its apparently large size it's probably a willet. A yellowlegs would have ... yellow legs.

The base of the bill is darker than would be expected. You can't see the black primaries, which are so striking when the bird flies.

A nice shot.

7:50 PM

 
Blogger kiyotei said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence in my guess.
So you must be a birder eh?
I saw a great variety of birds in the desert this weekend including roadrunners, quails and hawks. Unfortunately they were all too fast for my digital camera to capture.

P.S.- I like your blog - it looks like a nice house!

9:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home